The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember; call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
RECOVERED STOLEN VEHICLE
4-23-13, 8 a.m., 1900 block of La Fremontia. ’90, Honda Accord. Vehicle is found parked in driveway, which reveals to be stolen from East LA.
• 4-21-13, 3 p.m. to 4-22-13, 8 a.m., 1100 block of Maple. ’97, Honda Accord.
• 4-18-13, 7:50 to 11:06 a.m., 800 block of Bank. ’05, Honda Accord. Recovered on 4-18-13 by LAPD Northeast Division.
4-15-13, 12 p.m. to 4-23-13, 2 p.m., 1800 block of Olive (storage locker). Suspect(s) enter apartment carport area and pries open storage locker lock. Suspect then takes loss. LOSS: (4) bicycles.
• 4-22-13, 3:25 p.m., 600 block of Grand. Victim goes to ex-boyfriend residence and suspect (roommate) says ex-boyfriend is not home. Suspect and victim yells at each other and suspect slaps victim across the face. Victim leaves and calls police. Suspect Arrested: Male, White, 25 years, South Pasadena.
• 4-17-13, 10:48 a.m., 400 block of Fair Oaks (Starbucks). Suspect is a customer inside store and listening to music loudly. Employee asks suspect to turn down music and suspect yells at employee. Suspect continues to yell at suspect and throws a cup of water at employee, and
attempts to slap employee in the face. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, White, 28 years, Los Angeles.
POSSESS WEAPON ON SCHOOL GROUND
4-17-13, 11 a.m., 1400 block of Fremont (South Pasadena High School). School officials discover suspect possessing a knife on school grounds. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Juvenile.
POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA
4-23-13, 8:44 a.m., 1000 block of Arroyo. Officer stops suspect who appears to be a juvenile and riding a bicycle towards a vacant lot. Officer believes suspect may be truant from school. Suspect is contacted and found to be in possession of marijuana. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Juvenile.
POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
• 4-21-13. 11:53 p.m., Fair Oaks/Huntington. Suspect is riding a bicycle and is stopped for a traffic violation. Suspect is found to be in possession of a controlled substance (heroin) and narcotics paraphernalia. Suspect Arrested: Male, White, 26 years, Oceanside.
• 4-19-13, 4:30 p.m., Raymond/Penn, Pasadena. Driver is stopped for a traffic violation and does not have any identification. S1 is a passenger and is contacted. S1 is found to have an outstanding warrant and in possession of methamphetamine. Suepct Arrested: Male, Hispanic, 19 years, Pasadena.
DRUNK IN PUBLIC
4-19-13, 12:51 PM, 100 block of Monterey. Officers respond to a person lying on the street. Officers contact suspect who is found to be intoxicated and unable to care for himself. Suspect Arrested: Male, Hispanic, 48 years, Los Angeles.
4-22-13, 7:58 AM, Meridian/Oak. Suspect is stopped for a traffic violation and found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 42 years, Long Beach.
DISTURBING THE PEACE
4-23-13, 9:22 PM to 10:45 PM, 800 block of Oneonta Drive. Officers respond several times to suspect’s residence (S1 and S2), who is making loud noises and disturbing victim’s peace. S1 is found to have two outstanding warrants and victim makes a private person’s arrest on S2. SUSPECT ARRESTED: S1 – Male, Other, 20 years, South Pasadena. S2 – Female, Juvenile.
• 4-22-13, 9 PM to 4-23-13, 5:45 AM, 500 block of Grand. Suspect(s) enters victim’s unlocked vehicle and takes loss. LOSS: ID card and sunglasses.
• 4-19-13, 11:30 a.m.. 800 block of Fair Oaks (Radio Shack). Suspect enters store and asks to see loss. Employee places loss on counter and suspect asks to see another item. As employee turns away, suspect grabs loss from counter and runs out of store without paying for loss. Employee chases after suspect and sees suspect enter a waiting vehicle. LOSS: Security camera system. SUSPECT VEHICLE: Dark blue, Nissan Altima. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Hispanic, 503, 130, 20-25 years, shaved head, brown eyes, mustache and goatee, wearing a white collared shirt with blue stripes and black pants.
• 4-17-13, 9:20 to 10 a.m., 1300 block of Fremont. Victim sees suspects walk through apartment complex and S1 and S2 walk on victim’s porch. Victim tells suspects to leave and suspects exit complex. Victim later discovers loss missing from front porch. LOSS: Cat Figurine. SUSPECTS DESCRIPTION: S1 – Female, Black, 16-17 years, 508, 130, black hair in a bun, brown eyes wearing a blue t-shirt, black pants. S2 – Female, White, 16 years, 504, 140, blond hair, blue eyes, wearing blue dress. S3 – Female, White, 16 years, 504, 160, brown hair, wearing a black dress. S4 – Female, Black, 16 years, 504, 160, black hair, brown eyes, wearing a black dress.
IDENTITY THEFT/CREDIT CARD/CHECK FRAUD
• 4-18-13 to 4-22-13, 100 block of Monterey. Suspect(s) gains access to victim’s credit card account and makes an unauthorized charge.
• 4-18-13, 3:50 PM, 1300 block of Fair Oaks (Chase Bank). Suspect enters bank and provides ID in an attempt to cash a check. Employee notices check is forged and attempts to delay suspect. Suspect gets nervous and exits bank, leaving forged check and ID behind. SPPD Detectives later arrest suspect at suspect’s residence. Suspect Arrested: Female, Hispanic, 24 years, Los Angeles.
• 4-15-13 to 4-17-13, 2000 block of Alpha. Suspect(s) gains access to victim’s credit card account and makes several unauthorized charges.
• January 2013 to 4-17-13, 1100 block of Huntington. Suspect(s) uses victim’s social security number to file taxes.
• 1-5-13, 1100 block of Fair Oaks (US Bank). Suspect gains access to victim’s debit card and makes an unauthorized withdrawal from ATM.
4-19-13, 9 p.m. to 4-20-13, 8 a.m., 1500 block of Diamond. Suspect(s) throws a rock and smashes window to victim’s vehicle.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.