The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember, call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
• 2-28-13, 1:30 AM to 7:30 AM, 200 block of Mockingbird (hot prowl). Victim is home asleep when suspect(s) pry rear door lock to gain entry. Suspect(s) takes loss and leaves. Victim wakes up in the morning and discovers loss missing, and damage to rear door. LOSS: Wallet.
• 2-27-13, 1 PM to 4:40 PM, 1800 block of Marengo. Suspect(s) forces window open to gain entry. LOSS: Prescription forms, bank statements and checks.
• 2-23-13, 8 AM to 2-26-13, 8 AM, 700 block of Meridian. Suspect(s) enters a secured subterranean parking structure and cuts lock securing loss. LOSS: Bicycle.
• 3-2-13, 9:56 PM to 10 PM, 1500 block of Mission (Fair Oaks Pharmacy). Suspect(s) enters workroom area and takes loss. LOSS: Key.
• 2-27-13, 10:20 PM to 2-28-13, 6 AM, 1400 block of Fremont (South Pasadena High School). Suspect(s) gains entry into office possibly through an unlocked window. Suspect(s) takes room keys to enter other rooms. LOSS: Cash, sunglasses, computer equipment, cell phone and i-pod.
• 3-5-13, 9:15 PM, Meridian/Magnolia. Victim attempts to film suspect, who is working on construction site. Suspect approaches victim and declines to be filmed, then pushes victim away.
• 2-28-13, 4:10 PM, 600 block of Grand. Suspect and victim are roommates and get into an argument. Suspect grabs victim’s arms and pins victim against a wall. Victim is able to get away and grabs a kitchen knife for protection. Suspect attempts to grab victim, as victim runs out of residence. Victim slashes at suspect and cuts suspect in the finger.
• 2-27-13, 8 PM, 400 block of Fair Oaks (Carmines). Suspect (customer) receives poor service and yells at victim (employee). Suspect hits victim as other employees escort suspect out of store. Suspect leaves and officers later stop suspect. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 47 years, Pasadena.
POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
3-2-13, 3 AM, Arroyo Parkway/Glenarm. Subject is stopped for a traffic violation and suspect (passenger) is found to be in possession of controlled substance and paraphernalia. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, Hispanic, 23 years, Los Angeles.
POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA
2-27-13, 11:18 AM, Oxley/Park. Suspect is stopped for a traffic violation and found to be in possession of marijuana. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 27 years, South Pasadena.
3-4-13, 10:45 AM, 200 block of Fair Oaks. Victim is walking on the street and sees suspect vehicle parked along the curb. As victim walks past suspect vehicle, victim looks inside and sees suspect masturbating. Victim then quickly walks away. SUSPECT VEHICLE: Older model red and white Ford pick-up truck.
SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Older Male, White.
EVADE POLICE OFFICER
3-1-13, 10:44 PM, 100 block of California. Officers attempt to stop suspect for several traffic violations and suspect leads officers on a vehicle pursuit. Suspect yields after a short pursuit. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 45 years, South Pasadena.
3-4-13, 8:13 PM, 1200 block of Fair Oaks. Officers respond to a subject chasing pedestrians. Officers arrive and contact suspect who is found to have (3) outstanding warrants. Suspect resists arrests and officers are able to take suspect into custody. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Black, 31 years, Pasadena.
DRUNK IN PUBLIC
2-28-13, 6:26 PM, Orange Grove/Monterey. Officers respond to a subject staggering in the street. Officers arrive and contact suspect, who is lying on the sidewalk. Suspect is found to be intoxicated and unable to care for himself. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, White, 25 years, Los Angeles.
• 3-2-13, 1 AM, 600 block of Fremont. Suspect is stopped for a traffic violation and found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Asian, 34 years, San Gabriel.
• 2-28-13, 2:19 AM, Indiana/Monterey. Suspect is stopped for a traffic violation and found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 20 years, Alhambra.
• 2-28-13, 11:44 PM, 1400 block of Mission. Suspect is stopped for a traffic violation and found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, Hispanic, 21 years, Alhambra.
• 3-1-13, 11:45 AM to 1:05 PM, 1700 block of Garfield (Ralphs). Victim places purse in child seat of shopping cart and is later distracted by S1. S2 then walks up and takes unattended loss from victim’s purse. Suspects immediately make an unauthorized charge. LOSS: Wallet. SUSPECTS DESCRIPTION: S1 – Female, Black, 40-50 years, 504, 150, black short hair, wearing a bright pink sweater and black pants. S2 – Male, Black, 40-50 years, 600, 240, mustache, grey goatee, wearing black baseball cap, black polo shirt and black pants.
• 2-28-13, 4 PM to 4:25 PM, El Centro/Adelaine. Suspect(s) enters victim’s unlocked vehicle taking loss. LOSS: Cash and cell phone.
• 2-27-13, 3 PM to 4:30 PM, 1300 block of Fair Oaks (Hi-Life). Suspect(s) takes victim’s unattended loss from a table. LOSS: Backpack.
• 2-27-13, 10 AM to 11 AM, 2000 block of Fair Oaks. Victim shops at Pavilions and returns home. Victim later discovers loss missing and suspect(s) attempted to make an unauthorized charge on victim’s credit card. LOSS: Purse.
IDENTITY THEFT/CREDIT CARD/CHECK FRAUD
• 3-5-13, 2:30 PM, 1300 block of Fair Oaks (Chase Bank). Suspect attempts to cash a forged check. Employee notices forged check and attempts to stall suspect, but suspect leaves. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Asian, 40 years, 507, 180.
• June 1999 to 3-4-13, 1100 block of Stratford. Victim discovers suspect(s) is using victim’s social security number.
• October 2007 to 2-28-13, 700 block of Park. Suspect(s) possibly forges victim’s signature in attempt to claim property.
• 1-26-13 to 2-28-13, 800 block of La Bellorita. Witness works for a tow truck company and suspect accompanies witness during a service call at victim’s residence. The day after the service call, suspect returns to victim’s residence and claims that prior credit card payment did not work. Victim believes suspect is a tow company employee and provides credit card to suspect. Suspect re-swipes victim’s credit card and victim later discovers numerous unauthorized charges. Victim later discovers suspect is not employed by tow truck company.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.
- : February 27 – March 5, 2013
- : Provided by SOUTH PASADENA POLICE DEPT.