South Pas Fire Dept. Responds to Smoke Inside an Apartment

Food Left in a Pan on a Burner is Cause

After reports of smoke coming from an apartment Friday morning, South Pasadena Fire Department officials found a pan on a stove inside the residence at 1308 Huntington Drive in the city.

South Pasadena Police Officer Jeff Holland said that when he arrived at the scene at approximately 11:15 a.m. he found the front door of the apartment unit ajar and waited momentarily for fire department officials to enter and extinguish the food in the pan left on the burner.

Eric Zanteson, a captain with the SPFD, said there was no damage to the structure following the incident.

“All we did was ventilate the structure to get the smoke out of the unit,” he said.

  • : Food Left in a Pan on a Burner is Cause
  • : By Bill Glazier Review Editor
      • IMG_6822